Friday, July 16, 2010

Digital Natives vs. Digital Immigrants

While not a true Digital Native, I'm certainly not so unskilled as to be classed as a Digital Immigrant. I am fully familiar with using Office Apps, the Internet, Search, managing Photos and Music, etc. Where I'm lacking is in the transition to creating and sharing as in blogging and web site creation. I am stunned that anyone would use so arcane a user environment as you find on blogging and web site creation and editing tools. I feel I've been transported back in time to the non-intuitive environment of early PCs. You've got to have a lot of time on your hands to put up this this state of affairs. I believe there is a great opportunity open to any enterprising entrepreneur who will create these intuitive tools. I would welcome it and even pay for it!

1 comment:

  1. I think that if you use a pay site to work on blogs and such, you may have an easier time! I am just cheap and don't mind the simplicity of the free sites. I also think that in the education world, we are always behind in the tech realm. The business world always seems a few steps ahead of us!

    ReplyDelete